Find a Pro in Evergreen Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Evergreen Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Evergreen Park, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Evergreen Park, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.