Find a Pro in Fairview, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Fairview
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fairview, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Fairview, IL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.