Find a Pro in Galesburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Galesburg, IL. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Galesburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Galesburg, IL
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Galesburg, IL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Galesburg, IL. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.