Find a Pro in Glenview, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Glenview, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Glenview
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Glenview, IL
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Glenview, IL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Glenview, IL. Find the right contractor for your home now.