Find a Pro in Glenwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Glenwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Glenwood, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Glenwood, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Glenwood, Illinois. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house now.