Find a Pro in Hebron, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Hebron, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Hebron
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Hebron, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Hebron, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.