Find a Pro in Hume, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Hume
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Hume, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Hume, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Hume, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.