Find a Pro in Jerseyville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Jerseyville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Jerseyville, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Jerseyville, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Jerseyville, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.