Find a Pro in Keyesport, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Keyesport, IL. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Keyesport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Keyesport, IL
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Keyesport, IL, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.