Find a Pro in Lincolnwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Lincolnwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Lincolnwood, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lincolnwood, Illinois. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.