Find a Pro in Lindenwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Lindenwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lindenwood, IL
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lindenwood, IL, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.