Find a Pro in Logan, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Logan, IL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Logan
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Logan, IL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Logan, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.