Find a Pro in Lombard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Lombard
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Lombard, Illinois
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lombard, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lombard, Illinois. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.