Find a Pro in Manito, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Manito, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Manito
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Manito, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Manito, Illinois. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Manito, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.