Find a Pro in Milford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Milford, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Milford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Milford, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Milford, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.