Find a Pro in Minooka, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Minooka
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Minooka, Illinois
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Minooka, Illinois. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.