Find a Pro in Mokena, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Mokena
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Mokena, IL
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Mokena, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.