Find a Pro in Montgomery, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Montgomery
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Montgomery, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Montgomery, IL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.