Find a Pro in Morris, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Morris, IL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Morris
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Morris, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Morris, IL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.