Find a Pro in Mount Olive, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Mount Olive
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Mount Olive, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Mount Olive, Illinois. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mount Olive, Illinois. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.