Find a Pro in New Haven, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // New Haven
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near New Haven, IL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in New Haven, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.