Find a Pro in New Lenox, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // New Lenox
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in New Lenox, Illinois
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in New Lenox, Illinois. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.