Find a Pro in Niantic, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Niantic
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Niantic, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Niantic, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.