Find a Pro in Oakdale, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Oakdale
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Oakdale, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Oakdale, Illinois. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.