Find a Pro in Oakford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Oakford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Oakford, Illinois
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Oakford, Illinois, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.