Find a Pro in Palatine, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Palatine
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Palatine, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Palatine, Illinois. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.