Find a Pro in Pittsfield, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Pittsfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Pittsfield, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Pittsfield, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Pittsfield, Illinois. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home today.