Find a Pro in Putnam, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Putnam
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Putnam, IL
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Putnam, IL, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Putnam, IL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.