Find a Pro in Reddick, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Reddick
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Reddick, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Reddick, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.