Find a Pro in Richton Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Richton Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Richton Park, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Richton Park, Illinois. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.