Find a Pro in Ridge Farm, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Ridge Farm
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Ridge Farm, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ridge Farm, Illinois. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ridge Farm, Illinois. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.