Find a Pro in Rock Island, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Rock Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Rock Island, Illinois
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Rock Island, Illinois. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Rock Island, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.