Find a Pro in Rockford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Rockford, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Rockford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Rockford, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Rockford, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.