Find a Pro in Saint Joseph, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Saint Joseph
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Saint Joseph, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Saint Joseph, Illinois. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.