Find a Pro in Schiller Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Schiller Park
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Schiller Park, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Schiller Park, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.