Find a Pro in Shumway, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Shumway, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Shumway
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Shumway, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Shumway, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our powerful app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Shumway, IL. Find the right contractor for your property now.