Find a Pro in South Elgin, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in South Elgin, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // South Elgin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near South Elgin, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in South Elgin, IL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.