Find a Pro in South Wilmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // South Wilmington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near South Wilmington, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in South Wilmington, IL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.