Find a Pro in Streamwood, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Streamwood, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Streamwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Streamwood, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Streamwood, IL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Streamwood, IL. Find the right contractor for your house today.