Find a Pro in Summit Argo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Summit Argo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Summit Argo, Illinois
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Summit Argo, Illinois. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.