Find a Pro in Toledo, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Toledo, Illinois. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Toledo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Toledo, Illinois
If you need roofing maintenance services in Toledo, Illinois, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.