Find a Pro in Toulon, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Toulon, IL. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Toulon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Toulon, IL
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Toulon, IL. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Toulon, IL. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.