Find a Pro in Western Springs, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Western Springs
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Western Springs, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Western Springs, IL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.