Find a Pro in Willowbrook, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Willowbrook
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Willowbrook, Illinois
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Willowbrook, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.