Find a Pro in Wilmington, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Wilmington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Wilmington, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Wilmington, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.