Find a Pro in Abbyville, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Abbyville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Abbyville, Kansas
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Abbyville, Kansas. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for the job.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Abbyville, Kansas. Find the right contractor for your house now.