Find a Pro in Baxter Springs, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Baxter Springs, KS. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Baxter Springs
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Baxter Springs, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Baxter Springs, KS. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Baxter Springs, KS. Find the right contractor for your property now.