Find a Pro in Burden, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Burden, Kansas. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Burden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Burden, Kansas
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Burden, Kansas. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Burden, Kansas. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.