Find a Pro in Ellis, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Ellis, KS. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Ellis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Ellis, KS
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Ellis, KS, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.