Find a Pro in Garden City, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Garden City, KS. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Garden City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Garden City, KS
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Garden City, KS. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Garden City, KS. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.